I made some playlists to soundtrack the critical days ahead…
1. Rhime Divine – Expand Your Mind
2. A Tribe Called Quest – We the People….
3. Lupe Fiasco – Audubon Ballroom
4. Kanye West – Blood on the Leaves
5. The Roots – The OtherSide
6. Rage Against the Machine – Down Rodeo
7. JAY Z – 99 Problems
8. KRS-One – The Sound of da Police
9. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony – No Surrender
10. Immortal Technique – Point of No Return
11. Dead Prez – It’s Bigger Than Hip-Hop
12. Prophets of Rage – The Party’s Over
13. Nas – A Message to the Feds, Sincerely, We the People
14. Wyclef Jean – President
15. Frank Ocean – White Ferrari
16. Ted James – No Gray
17. 2pac – Changes
18. Common – Black America Again
19. Crew54 – Freedom
20. Kendrick Lamar – Alright
21. Talib Kweli – The Beautiful Struggle
22. Run the Jewels – Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck)
23. The Notorious B.I.G. – What’s Beef
24. Raury – Devil’s Whisper
25. Saul Williams – Black Stacey
26. Outkast – Gasoline Dreams
27. D-Wattz – Iraq Mics
28. Eminem – We As Americans
29. Public Enemy – Fight the Power
30. Zack de la Racha – digging for windows
1. Carly Simon – You’re So Vain
2. Paula Abdul – Cold Hearted
3. David Bowie – The Man Who Sold the World
4. The Cranberries – Zombie
5. Bastille – Pompeii
6. Nirvana – All Apologies
7. Green Day – Troubled Times
8. Rage Against the Machine – Killing In the Name
9. Ani DiFranco – To the Teeth
10. Coldplay – Politik
11. Radiohead – High and Dry
12. Gary Clark Jr. – Numb
13. Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb
14. John Lennon – God
15. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Have You Ever Seen the Rain
16. Bob Dylan – Shelter From the Storm
17. Florence + The Machine – Shake It Out
18. Anti-Flag – This Is the End (For You My Friend)
19. Bob Marley & The Wailers – Redemption Song
20. Bruce Springsteen – We Take Care of Our Own
21. Sly & The Family Stone – Everyday People
22. Arcade Fire – Wake Up
23. The Beatles – Revolution 1
24. Ben Harper – People Lead
25. The Doobie Brothers – Takin’ It to the Streets
26. Pete Seeger – If I Had a Hammer (Hammer Song)
27. Woody Guthrie – This Land Is Your Land
28. Led Zeppelin – Tangerine
29. Tracy Chapman – New Beginning
30. Leonard Cohen – Hallelujah
A Tribe Called Quest – We the People…. Verse One: Q-Tip We don’t believe you ’cause we the people Are still here in the rear, ayo, we don’t need you You in the killing-off-good-young-nigga mood When we get hungry we eat the same fucking food The ramen noodle Your simple voodoo is so maniacal, we’re liable to pull a juju The irony is that this bad bitch in…Read more...
Friends S3:E9 – Well it’s Monday night, a new week has begun. I turn my TV on for some pigskin fun. Click over to that one network with ESP, the lamest game each week is their specialty. You know I gotta get ready, make everything right. ‘Cause all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight. So, are you ready? I mean, are you ready? Are you ready, ready? Are you…Read more...
Friends S3:E8 – God, it was awful. Like many Americans, it was one of the most disturbing nights of my life. It just felt so violating. Not because conservatism was upsetting progressivism. As unfortunate as the political ramifications are, I’ve lived through tough election beats before. They hurt, for sure, but nothing like this. This was violating on a much deeper level. Because this election, at his core, had become…Read more...
Can you vote for Donald Trump and also be a responsible citizen? In my humble opinion, the answer is no. I’m not trying to be hyperbolic. This is not an attempt to say something sensational to generate clicks. It is my sincere opinion that the two are mutually exclusive. To be clear, I’m not trying to argue that voting for Donald Trump makes you a bad person. My goal here…Read more...
Friends S3:E7 – Okay, boys and girls. Here we are less than 24 hours away from Election Day in the United States of America. Today we will either be writing post number 53 in our 236 part Friends 20/20 blog series, or, if Donald Trump gets elected tomorrow, we will be writing post number 53 in our 53 part Oh Shit, Writing About a 20 Year Old Sitcom Doesn’t Matter…Read more...
Friends S3:E6 – When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween. Hey there, boys and girls. Happy Halloween to you and yours! How cool is it that the wickedest of wicked holidays is on a Monday this year? I’m super stoked that we get to spend a few minutes together on the scariest day of the year. If you guessed that your boy Kenny Adams…Read more...
Take the Power Back – I’d never spent that much time thinking about it. I never really needed to. His performance was too consistent, his presence too permanent. Few things in life were as reliable. Tim Duncan was the San Antonio Spurs and the San Antonio Spurs were Tim Duncan. It sounds so simple yet it’s the simplest things that are the easiest to take for granted. Sure, the unthinkable…Read more...
Friends S3:E5 – Happy Monday morning, Friends Crafters. Glad to be back together with you for the fifth consecutive week. I’m taking some initiative today by trying to get this post written and delivered to you before embarking on my four-hour outing to Top Golf (I think the technical term is lunch break). Indeed, today is one of those rare occasions where I woke up early with an extra skip…Read more...
Yesterday afternoon, First Lady Michelle Obama addressed Hillary Clinton 2016 supporters about the controversy surrounding Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump’s Access Hollywood video and subsequent allegations of sexual misconduct that have surfaced since its release. No further explanation is needed. Below is the video and full transcript of the most powerful speech that has been delivered during the 2016 General Election campaign to date. Text of the full…Read more...
Friends S3:E4 – “There’s got to be a better way!” Turning to my Amazing Discoveries co-host, “Wow. That’s really profound and topical, Kevin. After watching that debate last night, I think you’re flingin’-flangin’ right.” Hey there, everybody. Have you caught your breath from witnessing Donald Trump’s attempt to drag the entire country through the mud last night? Speaking of amazing discoveries, Trump’s Access Hollywood video, tho. Now that’s what I…Read more...
Friends S3:E3 – Howdy, gals and guys. How’s everyone doing today? Well, I’m a bit perplexed (thanks for asking). The reason? Here we are sharing in only our third post of the season but somehow we’ve already made it to October. Can you believe it? I know you’re thinking, “Surely this is some sort of mistake.” Maybe, let me double check. (Looking up at my calendar.) Nope, it’s definitely October…Read more...